Drip Irrigation Kit (One Acre – 4000 SQM)
- It can be used for crops like tomato, pepper, cucumber and maize etc.
- UV Resistant.
- 3 Litres Emitter Water Emission Rate
- Fertigation and Chemigation Capability
- Long lasting
Drip Irrigation Kit for One Acre
The drip irrigation kit for one acre is used for irrigating farmland that has a size of 4,000 SQM. Drip irrigation is the most efficient and effective type of irrigation.
Drip irrigation also called trickle irrigation passes water to the root zone of plants in droplet or trickle manner. With drip irrigation, farmers can cultivate their crops all year round. Drip irrigation conserves water, energy and power unlike other types of irrigation.
The 1 acre drip irrigation kit can be used for the cultivation of a lot of crops. It can be used for the cultivation of vegetables and broad acre crops.
Components of the One Acre Drip Irrigation System
Drip tapes are hoses made of polythene. They have emitters pre-installed on them at pre-defined intervals. The drip tapes are laid at the side of the row of crops. They can be laid on the surface of the soil, they can also be laid beneath the soil (sub-surface).
The drip tapes come in rolls of different sizes. For the one acre drip irrigation kit, the drip tapes come in rolls of either 1,500 metres or 2,000 metres.
The drip tapes are usually 16mm diameter size. They also come in thicknesses of 0.20mm and 0.30mm.
The mainline is the hose or pipe that takes water from the source of water to the submains. The mainline is usually made of polythene hoses or PVC pipes.
The valve is used for the control of water in the drip irrigation system. The valve can be used to zone the irrigation system. They can also be used to stop the flow of water in the irrigation system.
Lay Flat Hose
The lay flat hose acts as the submains in the one acre drip irrigation system. For the one acre drip irrigation system, the length of the layflat hose is 100 metres. The drip tape laterals are usually connected or fitted to the lay flat hose.
Layflat Hose Connectors
The lay flat hose connectors are used for connecting or fitting the drip tapes to the layflat hose. The connectors enable the lay flat hose to pass water to the drip tapes.
End Plugs or End Caps
The end plugs are used for the closing of the end of the drip tapes. The end caps ensure that water does not waste away from the drip tapes. The also ensure that the drip tapes are well pressurised.
The joiners are used to connect the drip tapes. They can also be used for the repair of damaged or cut drip tapes. The one acre drip irrigation kit usually contains 100 joiners.
The PVC connectors are used for connecting drip tapes to PVC pipes (submain). The PVC connectors come with grommets.
The grommets are rubber like devices placed on PVC pipes. The PVC connectors usually are fitted into the grommets.
The punch tool or puncher is used to create holes on the lay flat hose or the submain. The hole created is used for the insertion of the lay flat hose connectors.
Venturi Injector for Fertigation
The venturi injector is used for the injection of soluble fertilizers and chemicals into the irrigation system for onward passing to the root zone of plants.
With venturi injector, the farmer does not need to do side dressing or top dressing of fertilizers. This can significantly reduce the need for labour and lower cost of production.
The venturi injector can also be used for the passing of chemicals like nematicides to the rot zones of plants. This process is called chemigation.
Other components of the one acre drip irrigation kits are:
- Air valve
- Backflow preventer
- Croco connectors etc.
How to Set Up a One Acre Drip Irrigation System
Setting up a 1 acre drip irrigation kit involves some steps. To set up the 1 acre drip irrigation system, the following steps have to be taken:
- Peruse the diagram in the package of the 1 acre drip irrigation system.
- Lay the submain hose
- Use the punch tool to create hole of the lay flat hose.
- Fit the layflat hose connectors on the lay flat hose.
- Attach or connect the drip tapes to the layflat hose.
- Use the end plugs to close or end the drip tape lateral.
- Connect the lay flat hose to the source of water.
- Test the drip irrigation system.
- You can ask a plumber or technician to help you with this process.
Benefits of using drip irrigation
The following are the benefits of using drip irrigation:
- Drip irrigation can significantly increase the yield of crops. It is not uncommon to see farmers recording 100 – 200% increase in yield when they adopted the use of drip irrigation kits. The slow release of water to the root zones of plants go a long way in ensuring that the plants have access to water always, this significantly increases yield.
- With drip irrigation, farmers can cultivate crops all year round. Crops can be cultivated in the dry season. this can go a long way in increasing the income and profit of farmers. The all year round availability of water can also make farmers cultivate crops that they will hitherto not cultivate.
- Drip irrigation is very efficient when it comes to the usage of water. Drip irrigation uses less than 20% of the water used by sprinkler and flood irrigation systems. The conservation of water by drip irrigation is environment friendly and can also reduce the cost of sourcing for water.
- Drip irrigation reduces the need for labour by farmers. For example, farmers using drip irrigation does not need to hire labourers for the application of fertilizers and chemicals. Fertilizers and chemicals can be passed to the plants through the drip irrigation laterals.
- The use of drip irrigation reduces the weed pressure on farms unlike sprinkler and flood irrigation. The drip irrigation lines only irrigate the root zone of plants, hence weeds cannot grow where there is no water.
- With drip irrigation, the disease pressure on crops is reduced because water is not sprayed on the foliage of the plants unlike other types of irrigation.
- Drip irrigation enables fertigation. Fertigation is the application of soluble fertilizers and nutrients to the root zone of plants using the drip irrigation system. The device used for fertigation is called a venturi injector or a dosing pump. A metering pump can also be used.
- Drip irrigation also enables chemigation. Chemigation is the passing of chemicals to the root zone of plants using the drip irrigation lines.
What do you get
For the one acre drip irrigation system, you get 4,000 metres of drip tapes, 100 metres lay flat hose, 100 connectors, 100 joiners, 100 end plugs, 1 disc filter, venturi injector, valves, punch tool and packs of hold down stakes.
There are no reviews yet.